Services and Opportunities
Granite Pathways is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM for the work-ordered day and on all holidays for social events. Members participate in Granite Pathways according to their choice and availability. For some members, volunteering their time at Granite Pathways meets their needs for meaningful work. For others, their goals are directed toward paid employment and/or educational advancement, and Granite Pathways helps them obtain and sustain jobs in the community and/or enroll and succeed in educational programs. Members typically continue to participate at Granite Pathways and attend social events when they are available.
When you walk in the door of Granite Pathways, you’ll see that the space is organized into units, and members and staff are working side-by-side -- so much so that you're not likely to be able to distinguish who are staff and who are members.
- Employment: we support our members in obtaining and sustaining jobs through transitional employment, supported employment, and independent employment.
- Education: we build partnerships with area colleges and professional training programs and encourage and assist members who seek to advance their training and educations.
- Housing: we provide assistance in finding safe and affordable housing and navigating financial assistance program eligibility and access.
- Peer support and outreach: we make decisions by consensus, work side-by-side, build healthy and supportive relationships, and outreach to members to let them know they are missed.
- Wellness and recreation: we plan and conduct social and recreational programs on occasional weekends and evenings.
In support of the programs, members and staff also work side-by-side to meet the infrastructure and capacity needs of Granite Pathways:
- Lunch planning, preparation, and clean up
- Marketing and communication: newsletters, web site, social networking
- Fundraising and community relations: grant writing, presentations, relationship building
- Advocacy: tours, presentations, letter-writing
- Bookkeeping and information systems: data entry, analysis, and reporting
- Word processing, copying, filing, and mailing
- Facility maintenance and upkeep.